ProgramHere you see what to see.
Every year we do our best to present you a unique and unforgettable convention. This year will be no different.
Contests, star guests, show acts and much more! The closer we get to Animuc 2018, the more we’ll tell you about all of it. In ‘News’ we’ll keep you updated. Every moment could be the one something amazing is announced, so be sure to check back regularly.
All program announced can be found in our program overview. Here you’ll find a short description about every activity so you’ll know what awaits you.
Feel free to look around. Maybe you’ll find something new and exciting.
As soon as all program slots are filled, you’ll find the complete program plan right here.
Buy & sellHere you find everything your heart desires and even more!
You can find our market as usual in the building “Tenne”.
On the ground floor you will find the dealers’ room. In the upper part the artists and Bring & Buy.
As soon as all the artists, traders and other attractions are set, which can be found in the “Tenne”, you will see the floor plan here.
The exhibitorsSee what is where to see.
Unfortunately, a little bit too early! But soon the first secrets are revealed and the first exhibitors are announced. You can find them as usual on the upper floor of the building “Tenne”.
You are organizing a convention and would like to promote your event? Or you are a fan project, for example, Cosplayvideos or similar produced and want to inform you about you? Are you a show group that would like to present itself professionally at a convention to the fans? Then you are the right person at the Exhibitor section of the Animuc 2018!
House rulesFor a good cooperation!
- The convention rules and rules concerning cosplay weaponry are to be respected on the convention grounds. The rules of the Veranstaltungsforum Fürstenfeld are to be respected when entering their grounds.
- Children under 14 years must be accompanied by an adult (parent, parental authority or a person officially authorized by the parents).
Youths under 16 may attend the convention without adult supervision. However, they are required to leave at 10 p.m.
- Due to German laws, every visitor must carry some form of personal identification such as ID card, drivers license or passport at all times.
- The grounds outside as well as the abbey and the church are not part of the Animuc. Please behave respectfully. Cosplay shootings are not allowed in the church. Please note, that the weapons rules also apply within the church.
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden. People found in violation of this rule will be required to leave the premises for the remaining duration of the event.
- Smoking is prohibited inside. Open fire is prohibited on the grounds.
- Preparing food with electrical devices is forbidden.
- The Convention grounds are closed overnight. Staying there is neither possible nor allowed.
- Drones and radio-controlled devices are not allowed on the grounds.
- Assembly of pavilions and tents on the lawn is prohibited.
- Roller and inline skates are allowed on the grounds, but need to be removed upon entering buildings.
- The trash has to be put in bins. Please keep the grounds clean.
- Living animals are not allowed at the Convention. Assistance animals are excluded from this rule.
- Sale of goods or distribution of advertising material is prohibited without prior permission of the organizer.
- No harassing of other people. NO means NO. If someone is making you uncomfortable, please ask one of our staff members for assistance.
- Parking cars outside of the labeled areas is prohibited.
- The Convention rules also apply for visitors without a ticket.
Rules concerning Cosplay Weaponry
Don’t be afraid, we’re not talking about real weapons here. But since a lot of cosplayers need fake weaponry for their costume like fake-guns or staffs or shields to be authentic, for the sake of every visitor we need to make sure that everybody complies with the rules we set. Some weapons are safe to carry with you, others are not allowed on the convention grounds.
Seldomly a cosplayer is without a weapon, but the German law set some rules that have to be adhered to. Even the liability sum for accidents is determined: 10.000 EUR for injuries, 100.000 EUR for death and 500.000 for getting disabled. Therefore, for safety reasons we conduct a weapon check.
We discern three types of weapons
- restricted weaponry
- rejected weaponry
- allowed weaponry
In case of doubt the venue personnel has the final say. The decision is final and cannot be contested.
Please note that we haven’t made up these rules to anger cosplay fans, but because we have to comply with German law. We know that you wouldn’t do any mischief with your self-made props, as they have taken quite a bit of effort to make. But accidents can’t be avoided if other people play with your weapons unauthorized
Restricted weapons are not allowed on the convention grounds or into the venue. If you try to bring them anyway, you risk getting your ticket conviscated and an immediate ban from the grounds. In this case it doesn’t matter if you have a valid weapon license that entitles you to carry them.
- real firearms, soft-air guns and gas pistols including real ammunition
- pyrotechnics and explosive items (fireworks, bangers)
- brass knuckles, blackjacks and steel rods
- throwing weapons (throwing knife, arrows)
- cut and thrust weapons with a sharp or dull blade (katanas, swords, sabers, machetes, knives)
These will be confiscated upon entering and stored against a voucher. Should you need them for a cosplay contest or performance contest, experienced helpers will bring them to the stage. They are allowed to be carried during the performance. After the contest they will be stored again. You can pick them up after the convention when you lave the grounds again.
- Firearms imitations made out of metal or wood
- cut and thrust weapons with a blade made out of wood or plastics
- staffs made out of wood, metal, fiberglass, plastic or combinations out of these (bamboo swords, lances)
- self-made arrows
- riding crop with a length exceeding 1m, whips with the length of the tail exceeding 1,5m
They are allowed to be carried during the whole convention. They’ll be marked at the entrance so that you don’t have to let them be checked again and again.
- Imitations of weapons made out of expanding foam, rubber, cardboard, soft plastic
- LARP-weapons (usually made out of expanding foam or latex)
- weapons and staffs made out of a combination of wood and/or cardboard/plastic/other soft material if the wooden part is not predominant
- staffs which are clearly recognizable as stabilizing elements
- bow and quiver, without arrows
- riding crops and whips (for maximum allowed length check examples of restricted weaponry)
Please note: Who refuses to let an allowed weapon be marked has to give us the weapon and can collect it after the convention.
- Maximum length for spikes on a spiked wristband is 5 cm
- necklaces made out of wood or plastic need to be clearly recognizable as an elemental part of the costume
- necklaces made out of metal need to be fixed properly to the clothing so they can’t be taken off
Why are these rules necessary?
Below you can find an unaltered excerpt of an old e-mail request:
“(…) For my cosplay I need a sword, but I only have a sharp sword. Can I carry it with me? I don’t own another one and without it my cosplay looks awkward and stupid.
It’s a 96cm long katana with a sharp blade (you need to be 18 years old for purchase). I would leave it in the sheath. (…)”
Our answer was: “Don’t even think about it!”
These are the legal rules for weapons in Germany:
§1 Purpose of the law, definition
(2) Weapons are
- firearms and equated objects
- portable objects
- which are designated to eliminate or reduce the offensive or defensive abilities of a person, especially cut and thrust weapons
- which are unintentionally, especially because of their material, handling or impact, suited to eliminate or reduce the offensive or defensive abilities of a person and are mentioned by this law.
§42 Prohibition to carry a weapon during public events
(1) If participating in a public event (fairs, sport events, exhibitions, markets or similar events), it is not allowed to carry a weapon as per definition in § 1 paragraph. 2.
(4) These paragraphs are not applicable to
- participants of theatre performances and similar presentations, who carry weapons as per definition of §1 paragraph 2) solely for the purpose of performing.
Fairground mapHere is found what is to be found.
Opening hours & directionsThis is how you come to us.
Sometimes we have open and then sometimes we do not. But so you know how you can get what when and where we have gather the most important informations here!
Friday: 2 pm to 11 pm
Samstag: 10 am to 11 pm
Sonntag: 10 am to 6 pm
Friday: 12:30 pm to 7 pm
Samstag: 9 am to 7 pm
Sonntag: 9 am to 3 pm
Friday: 2 pm to 7:30 pm
Samstag: 10 am to 7:30 pm
Sonntag: 10 am to 3:30 pm
For visitors without tickets the Tenne will be opened on Sunday, 2 pm!
On foot, by bike, by car or train! We have put together the most important information for you. So you arrive safley.
Train line S4 provides a regular connection every 20 minutes to central Munich. The train station „Fürstenfeldbruck“ is a ten minutes walk away from the venue. Bus lines 840 and 847 regularly stop directly in front of the venue.
For additional information please visit the homepage of MVV Munich.
As a major traffic junction between Munich and Augsburg, Fürstenfeldbruck is easily reached by car (A8, A96, B2, B471).
If you are using a satnav, please use the following address for directions:
Zisterzienserweg, 82256 Fürstenfeldbruck
This address will guide you directly to the large parking area for visitors directly located next to the venue.
If you are coming from the direction of highway A96 Munich-Lindau, please exit the highway at „Germering Nord“ and continue onto B2 in the direction of Fürstenfeldbruck/Augsburg. Upon entering Fürstenfeldbruck, turn left into the „Oskar-von-Miller“ street at the first traffic light. Cross another traffic light and you will see the venue on the left hand side after a few minutes. Please use the large parking area for visitors directly located next to the venue on the right hand side.
If you are coming from the direction of highway A8 Munich-Stuttgart, please exit the highway at “Dachau/Fürstenfeldbruck” and continue onto B471 in the direction of “Fürstenfeldbruck”. Exit the B471 at “Fürstenfeldbruck-West” and follow the signs to “Kloster Fürstenfeld”. Turn right into the Cerveti street at Toom market, then left into the Rothschwaiger street. Go straight and you will see the venue on the left hand side after 200 meters.
Please use the large parking area for visitors directly located next to the venue on the right hand side.